Skip to main content

Naitalk.com N.

Community

Naitalk

Welcome to the community that reward users who create and share impactful contents, get on board by creating an account today!

This post was last modified: 08-05-2022, 12:38 PM by Oluwagrace.
Aren't you aware that self medication kills? I could have died a long time ago as a result of this. 
   Hospitals and clinics had always been a no-go area for for me.I guess I'm not the only one in this shoe. The fear of being subjected to various tests before being diagnosed or having to take drip or injection alone makes me tremble. I felt there was no reason to go through those tests when at the end of the day, one might just be diagnosed with malaria and be given anti-malaria drugs. Something I could just get in a nearby pharmacy shop without having to undergo various tests at the hospital. What a mindset! 
   Then one fateful day, I took ill. It started just as ordinary cold and fever. I went to a nearby pharmacy shop to get anti-malaria drugs as usual. After completing the doze, there was no improvement, my health keeps deteriorating and I felt, this must be typhoid fever not malaria. I started taking medications that I thought could cure me of typhoid fever but that seems to make it worse as I was getting weaker and weaker till I could no longer stand on my feet properly again. 
    The pain was becoming unbearable and my parents became really worried so I was rushed to the hospital. The first test carried out on me confirmed the symptoms of both malaria and typhoid fever, but I've been treating those all along without improvement. More tests were conducted and I was finally diagnosed of Colitis;inflammation of the colon. Something I've never heard about before until then, totally different from malaria or typhoid fever. It had eaten deep into my system and had to be admitted for immediate treatment. 
    Had it been my parents had delayed more in taking me to the hospital it could have required surgery in which part of my bowel might probably be cut off so as to make me feel better or worst still, untimely death. 
     Stay away from self medication. It's a very bad approach towards good and healthy living.
what then happens when you are unable to pay the cost of going to the hospital,
and also based on familiar symptoms one should be able to self meditate..just my humble opinion sha.
Big Grin I am a programmer
(Yesterday, 07:08 AM)Caleb Wrote: what then happens when you are unable to pay the cost of going to the hospital,
and also based on familiar symptoms one should be able to self meditate..just my humble opinion sha.

What we think are familiar symptoms might turn out to be something else atimes and then if we decide to take some medications based on familiar symptoms we shouldn't hesitate to consult our doctor if the symptoms persists, just as it is usually being indicated in drug leaflets. 
The money spent when a disease is discovered early is usually very less compared to the amount that will be spent when the disease is just discovered at it's advanced stage. Money shouldn't be a limiting factor to some basic things we're supposed to do. Isn't it surprising how money just surfaces for burial preparation after one is already dead due to financial crises?.. When we put our mind to doing the right thing, the money to carry out such will surely come.  Just my own humble opinion as well tho.
1 Guest(s)
Task